Call for Proposals
Queer Health on Campus:
Addressing the Health Needs of LGBTQ Students
Indiana University—Purdue University Fort Wayne
April 8-9, 2016
Call for Presentations
Come to Fort Wayne, Indiana April 8 & 9 2016 to meet and network with colleagues from across the region and discuss LGBTQ student health and mental health issues that are challenging campuses everywhere. We welcome submissions from all health care disciplines, including providers of direct services and researchers of topics relevant to LGBTQ health, plus University faculty/staff. Students are invited to submit research abstracts for the Student Poster Session. The conference theme is “LGBTQ Health Disparities on College Campuses.”
Suggested topics areas:
- Outreach to LGBTQ students
- Preventative Health
- Transgender health issues
- Developing and maintaining healthy relationships
- LGBTQ-friendly Campus Health Services
- Intimate Partner violence
- Substance use/abuse
- Healthy Sexuality
- Stress related to homophobia/heterosexism
- LGBTQ Identity development and adjustment
- Coming out on campus
- LGBTQ Students of Color: Managing multiple identities
- Mental Health
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Desired Presentation Title
Type of Presentation
- Workshop: Sessions are 60 minutes in length. We encourage you to submit your idea for conducting a full session workshop/training in an area of your expertise. You may plan an individual presentation, or invite colleagues to join you in a panel presentation.
- Paper Presentation: If you prefer a shorter presentation, we will group 3—4 similar topics together for presentation in a 60- session.
Description of the presentation/workshop: Please provide a description of your presentation of no more than 500 words that will be used to evaluate your submission. Please include objectives and goals, a statement as to the relevance of your presentation to the conference theme, and why this is important to LGBTQ health issues for colleges and universities. If you will be presenting original research, please include a brief description of the methods, results, and discussion.
Abstract of Presentation: Please provide an abstract of no more than 50 words that can appear in the program.
Presenter(s) Information: Please provide the name and affiliation of each presenter as well as contact information. Please identify the primary presenter. This will be the person who will receive notifications from the review committee. Please also provide a brief description of the professional education and experience of each presenter plus a statement as to the presenter’s interest and investment in LGBTQ health.
Abstract Submission Deadline
March 1, 2016
- Applications will be reviewed and notified on a rolling basis.
- Abstracts can be submitted at ipfw.edu/queer-health
- Questions or concerns can also be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org