Carrie Johnson, Ed.D.
Eastern Illinois University
Recorded: AAACE Conference, November 2016 in Albuquerque, NM.
Total Time: 19:14
Since 2011, Dr. Johnson has directed the B.A. in General Studies, an adult degree-completion program, at Eastern Illinois University. She previously held a faculty position at a university in the Chicago area.
Dr. Johnson earned her Ed.D. in Adult and Higher Education from Northern Illinois University. She has spoken internationally on her research which focuses on adult accelerated courses, adjunct faculty development, teaching adults, and supporting underprepared adult learners in higher education. She has also published several journal articles and book chapters on these topics. She is the past-president of the Adult Higher Education Alliance and a contributing editor for the Adult Education Quarterly.
- Tell us about the Honor Society -0:05
- How do you work with students? -7:48
- Any advice for doing research? -9:00
- What makes Adult Education unique? -9:54
- What misconceptions about Adult Education would you like to correct? -11:13
- What contributions have made the most impact? -12:21
- What books would you recommend? -13:47
- Tell us about your research. -14:29
- Any other wisdom to share? -18:28