AHEA Conference 2016 Call for Proposals
Current Explorations of the Adult Learner:
Implications for Mentoring and More!
March 10-11, 2016
The call for presentations for the AHEA 2016 Conference welcomes the following topics:
- Current adult learner characteristics
- Barriers to participation
- Success factors
- Advising adult learners
- Support networks for adult learners
- Formal advising and mentoring structures in higher education degree programs
- Mentoring adult learners
- Formal and informal mentoring relationships
Please be sure that your submission fits clearly into the narrative and/or list of topics in the stated theme.
We look forward to your participation to help make the 40th Annual AHEA Conference even better than last year!
At the heart of the Adult Higher Education Alliance (AHEA) is our commitment to promote creative and effective teaching and learning opportunities for adults. Central to that mission is the goal of fostering a rich exchange of ideas about theories and practices relevant to our adult students and to our own development as professionals.
The annual conference of “The Alliance” has been an important opportunity for adult higher education professionals to share resources and information, to stimulate practitioner research, to become aware of work outside our own institutions, and, above all, to share ideas and experiences that help us critically reflect on our everyday activities.
Proposals that are selected will be organized in the best spirit of adult learning:
- they will invite active participation and questioning,
- they will be interactive,
- they will enhance our work as scholars-practitioners, and
- allow for a range of ideas and points of view to be expressed.
We look forward to several days of spirited conversation among colleagues, and to new ideas and practices that will strengthen our work with our students and with each other.
- Proposals can be workshop, discussion, collaborative workshop, and other creative modes of conveying the content related to the theme “Current Explorations of the Adult Learner: Implications for Mentoring and More!”
- Proposals can be submitted by one or more individuals.
- Presenters must register and pay as conference attendees.
- Specific time requests for presentations cannot be guaranteed. Persons submitting proposals must be available to present at any time throughout the event.
|Proposal submission deadline||September 30, 2015|
|Proposal acceptance decision||October 15, 2015|
|Lead authors of accepted proposals confirm conference participation intent||November 15, 2015|
|Conference registration deadline for presenters||December 15, 2015|
|Conference||March 10-11, 2016|
|Submission deadline for conference proceedings papers||April 15, 2016|
|Papers proofread and returned to authors for last review||May 15, 2016|
|Final papers due||June 15, 2016|
|Expected proceedings release date||August 20, 2016|
You will receive a message indicating receipt of your proposal when submitted.
You will receive notification about the status of your proposal by November 5, 2015.
All session presenters at the conference are responsible for the appropriate conference registration fees, travel, and hotel expenses. Please be sure all individuals in your proposal have this information and can be available to present at any time throughout the event. Conference Registration deadline for presenters is December 15, 2015.
AHEA offers Scholarships for those attending our annual conference. Application information will be released soon.
- Please complete all fields including information pertaining to all additional facilitators.
- Please include links to supplemental materials, if available.
- Please remember that by submitting a proposal, you agree to register and pay conference fees if the proposal is accepted and inform your co-facilitators about the proposal’s status and the need for all facilitators to pay the conference registration fees by December 15 2015.