SAVE THE DATE
AHEA Annual Conference 2023
- Virtual presentations on Zoom on March 15, 2023
- In-person presentations on March 16 and 17, 2023 at the University of South Florida in collaboration with the Leadership, Policy, and Lifelong Learning (LPLL) Department College of Education, University of South Florida (USF)
The Adult Higher Education Alliance (AHEA) invites you to submit a proposal for the AHEA Annual Conference 2023 to be held on March 15, 16, and 17, 2023.
Workforce development: Micro-credentials, badges & CEUs based upon the AHEA-sponsored book for 2023.
Teaching and Learning for Adult Skill Acquisition: Applying the Dreyfus and Dreyfus Model in Different Fields (Mangiante & Peno, Eds.) fills a unique niche in the field of adult, higher, and workforce education. It offers a current volume for scholars and practitioners based on empirical and practice-based research on adult skill acquisition and development. Dreyfus and Dreyfus (1980, 1988, 2004, 2008) developed the novice to the expert model of skill acquisition (from Novice through Expert) that illustrates growth over the course of a person’s career in a particular domain.
Please submit a proposal that highlights the aspects of your work or research related to the conference theme or any aspect/issue relevant to the field of Adult and Higher Education.
CFP Submission Form
Proposal Submission Important Dates and Deadlines
|Proposal submission deadline||February 7, 2023|
|Proposal acceptance notification – rolling date||February 10, 2023|
|Conference registration deadline for presenters||February 24, 2023|
All presenters must register for the conference by 2/24/23 to have their names included in the conference program.
We invite you to submit a proposal for a conference presentation highlighting the aspects of your work or research related to these ideas. While we welcome proposals within the conference theme, all proposals regarding issues in Adult and Higher Education are welcome! Concurrent sessions will be 45 minutes.
Cost to Attend
- Virtual sessions (March 15, 2023):
- $25.00/student and $50.00/for all others,
- book not included.
- USF students are free. (Includes opportunity to submit a paper to the Conference Proceedings (see below) and 2023 AHEA membership dues.
- In-person sessions (March 16 & 17, 2023):
- $50.00 for students (USF students are free) and $200.00 for all others.
- Includes access to the virtual and in-person conference,
- the ability to submit a paper to the Conference Proceedings (see below),
- a copy of the book, and
- 2023 AHEA membership dues.
|Submission deadline for conference proceedings papers||April 15, 2023|
|Papers proofread and returned to authors for the last review||May 15, 2023|
|The final papers due||June 15, 2023|
|Expected proceedings release date||August 20, 2023|
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need clarification.