This position, reporting to the CEO, will direct the development of curricular content for seminars, conferences, facilitator-led courses, eLearning initiatives, and workshops and direct the development, maintenance, and support of industry accreditation and professional certification standards.
First year performance expectations will include developing educational program for the 2015 AEE International Conference, creating an overall AEE professional development plan, including current and new educational offerings, maintaining AEE’s current accreditation program and creating a plan for development of new standards or certification offerings.
Desired experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in associations, experiential education or curriculum development
- Experience in outdoor and/or adventure education or risk management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proofreading skill and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to travel overnight to conferences several times annually
- Knowledge and application of experiential learning principles
- Knowledge of certification programs
- Strong organizational skills in order to be able to handle multiple overlapping activities
- Ability to establish and meet schedules
- Ability to work with volunteer committees, accept ideas from others, and maintain delineation of staff and volunteer roles
- Skill in solving problems and making decisions
AEE is based in Boulder, Colorado. This position can work out of the AEE office, or a remote work arrangement may be considered.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.