30th International SDL Symposium CFP
30th International Self-Directed Learning Symposium:
Invitation and Call for Papers
We are expecting an especially exciting and productive symposium in 2016, in celebration of our 30th consecutive year. Make your plans now to attend!
Proposal deadline for papers and posters is October 15—less than a month away! The Call for Papers is available on the website: www.sdlglobal.com
On the website you will also find:
The Symposium registration link
Hotel reservation links for the Cocoa Beach Marriott and the Hampton Inn (next door).
All issues of the International Journal of Self-Directed Learning for your free access as you conduct research to prepare your proposal.
A link to the application for student scholarships to cover registration costs.
- In the shadow of the gantries, NASA representatives will feature the self-directed learning of scientists who laid the foundation for space exploration and those who brought the dream to reality, accompanied by incredible footage from Canaveral launches, the Hubble, and other awe-inspiring shots.
- There will be a special salute to Huey Long, who founded the symposium in 1986.
- Meet the Authors rotating roundtables will give you the opportunity of small-group conversations with the First Presenters and MKA winners.
- Best Practices Roundtables by area and level will allow you to learn of some of the most recent developments in SDL that are most closely aligned with your interests.
- As usual, the Silent Auction will not only offer fun and excitement, but will raise funds for 2017 student scholarships.
The 2016 SDL Symposium will be Out of This World!
You are invited to bring a meaningful item to place in a time capsule that we plan to open at the 40th Symposium. In a general session or at the dinner, we will accept the items and give you a chance to say a few words about your contribution. Don’t miss all the learning, all the great colleagues, and all the fun!!!
Lucy Guglielmino and Naomi Boyer, Symposium Co-Chairs
Lucy Madsen Guglielmino
Don’t miss the annual International Self-Directed Learning Symposium in February in Cocoa Beach! Go towww.sdlglobal.com for details on the symposium and to view the International Journal of Self-Directed Learning.