AHEA Conference 2020: Unfinished Business
October 31, 2019
This year’s conference theme, “Unfinished Business” is based on the 2019 book in the AHEA Book Series: Unfinished Business: Compelling Stories of Adult Student Persistence. This book highlights the stories of those who re-engaged in college classes and ultimately finished what was started last year or long ago. Whether this was driven by personal motivation, to move their career forward, or to set an example for the next generation, these inspiring adults fulfilled a vision that eluded them the first time they enrolled in college.
We invite you to submit a proposal for a conference presentation that highlights the aspects of your work or research related to these ideas. American college students of every age are balancing multiple responsibilities. What does it mean to navigate the degree-completion journey as an adult learner? What supports do learners need, and is higher education delivering? What challenges are unique to this population? How does higher education create new opportunities for persistence, success, and completion? Do we use Prior Learning Assessment to its full potential?
While we welcome proposals within the conference theme, all proposals regarding issues in Adult and Higher Education are welcome!
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2019
Submissions received by October 1, 2019, will receive priority review.
Submissions are reviewed by AHEA on a rolling basis with the intent to notify prospective presenters as soon as possible.
Note: You have the option of uploading a Word file with your submission once you proceed to the SUBMIT ABSTRACT page.
The submission process includes the following:
- Submission title
- Learning Outcomes (300 character limit)
- Presentation type:
- Oral Presentation
- Working and/or Interactive
- Paper Presentation
- The main body of the submission description is limited to 10,000 characters.
- Are you willing to accept a combined session?
- Abstract for Program (350 character limit).
- Narrative description of the presentation (no character limit, but the entire submission must be less than 10,000 characters).
- Participant Engagement (1,000 character limit).
- If submitting a presentation by multiple individuals, please indicate the presenter/author order of preference for program purposes.
Audio/Visual Support: The facility is equipped with SMART stations. Any digital materials you need should be on a flash drive ready for download and use. Specific details will be distributed to you. A SMART station and a computer and LCD that is projected on a white dry erase board allowing for additional presentations.
Any handouts or supplemental materials are the responsibility of the presenters.